Hot AC: Is it time to move "Blinding Lights" into recurrent?

arlington80

Hot AC: Is it time to move "Blinding Lights" into recurrent?

Post by arlington80 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:24 pm

While I did like the song "Blinding Lights", I do think it is time to downshift the airplay. It's still in the Mediabase Top 10 (make that Top 5) in its 63rd week on the chart. And, as of last week anyway it was still in the Billboard Top 10 (on the Hot 100). Are listeners still requesting it that much?

pugsly

Re: Hot AC: Is it time to move "Blinding Lights" into recurrent?

Post by pugsly » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 am

It's still a research monster. I just moved it down to power recurrent last week. I've been tired of it for a long time, BUT research is huge, still in Top 5, and burn is low believe it or not. Memories is the same thing, research beast with little burn even after all this time.

ger24

Post by ger24 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 am

pugsly wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 am
It's still a research monster. I just moved it down to power recurrent last week. I've been tired of it for a long time, BUT research is huge, still in Top 5, and burn is low believe it or not. Memories is the same thing, research beast with little burn even after all this time.
Excuse me sir, what tool do you use for research? National Callouts provided by Mediabase? I've been looking for what's radio programmers are using nowadays to know what music to play.

ger24

Post by ger24 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:36 am

BL is a once in a lifetime song, hard to explain, but everyone love it in a huge level. It's #5 on callouts still and not very far from #1, hard to let it go when people just can't stop loving it (and are not tired at all, as much as it's surprising at this point).

meko1999

Post by meko1999 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:38 am

I take the RateTheMusic survey every week for Adult Top 40, and "Blinding Lights" still comes up asking me to rate it. It's hard to say I "dislike" the song, because honestly I like it. It's a great pop song, even though I've heard it a ton for over a year now. But even though I don't dislike it, at this point I would change the station if it came on because I've heard it so much and it's "old" at this point. Same with "Mood" and "Levitating"...like them but old and moldy now. So this week was the first week I marked that I "strongly disliked" BL and was "tired of hearing it" because I do want it to go away eventually, lol. I wish turnover was faster at radio.

ani2908

Post by ani2908 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:53 am

NO . LET IT BACK TO NO 1.

donobrian

Post by donobrian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm

With the crap that American hoc and chr shove down people's throats are you surprised that among the choices that are familiar, Blinding Lights won't die?

Blinding Lights is not American radios problem, it was and still is it's only savior.

Blinding Lights should remain in power recurrent for a week or two, then if you need to you can power it against for a week or two. The real problem with HOC and CHR is that a monster hit from Ella Henderson and Tom Greenon is staring them in the face and they just don't get it. Even Tom's solo song should be top 5 HOT AND CHR. ....and no, not once again like 5 years ago when I told you what the hits are, no you don't get to claim them because you finally figured it out 8 months later.